Manager Freight Forwarding (geplaatst)
GENERAL SUMMERY: Responsible for leadership over the Freight Forwarding activities and Customer Service Departments in communication with all Bleckmann customers ensuring accurate milestone updates and superior customer service to all Operations and Freight Forwarding partners while running a cost effective department at or below budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Inbound Freight Forwarding:
- Monitors the activities of the Inbound shipments from origin vendors to EU Franchisees and ALDO Stores as well as Wholesale Key Accounts in the UK. Responsible for ensuring that In-store dates and delivery dates are maintained. Maintains records on all price changes that are being taken by Freight Forwarding Partner and reviews them against market conditions to ensure lowest cost for ALDO. Communication to ALDO on Road, Air & Ocean receiving and shipping problems, coordinates Inbound flow and ensures effective delivery cycle to end user.
Outbound Freight Forwarding:
- Monitors the activities of the Outbound shipments from EU origin vendors to APAC Franchisees and APAC ALDO Stores as well as APAC Wholesale Key Accounts. Responsible for ensuring that In-store dates and delivery dates are maintained. Maintains records on all price changes that are being taken by Freight Forwarding Partner and reviews them against market conditions to ensure lowest cost for ALDO. Communication to [customer] on Road, Air & Ocean receiving and shipping problems, coordinates Outbound flow and ensures effective delivery cycle to end user.
- Communicates with Bleckmann company divisions of Ops, Transport, HRM and Finance. Is a liaison between the DC, Freight Forwarding Partner and ALDO offices. Must communicate effectively with all members of the DC staff. Coordinate International Shipping plan with DC and Freight Forwarding Partner staff to ensure proper execution.
- Participate in preparation of the budget. Responsible for continual tracking of P and L budget related information and preparation of final budget proposal. Review’s weekly Narrative’s and takes appropriate action to ensure performance is at or below budget.
- Development and monitoring of procedures for Customs Brokerage activities. Assisting ALDO in communication with the Customs Department and Peter Harms. Communication/Coordination with DC Operations. Verifying receipts and shipments.
PO Management: (Phase 2)
- Responsible for the complete end to end cycle of ALDO PO’s and manage them based on In-store date or ALDO delivery date. Ensure data is captured on DPR and communicated timely and in full to ALDO. Manage ex-factory dates at origin from vendor to ensure process and procedures are followed.
Forwarding Partner Relationship Management:
- Develops relationships with Freight Forwarding Partner to educate on value added services provided and take away Freight Forwarding learning’s that provide insight into opportunities we have to further improve.
Knowledge skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of data processing principles, PkMS and basic accounting.
- Must be able to develop and use variable budgets
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills essential
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding track & trace operating systems.
- Strong leadership and motivational ability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Dutch & English.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence.
- Strong time management skills.
- BA Degree or demonstrated equivalent.
- 5-10 years of successful progressive management experience in distribution and international freight forwarding services
- Competent in use of computer equipment and word processing, spreadsheet and database products.
- Retail experience is a plus
Wat bieden wij jou